Sinus Lifts in Taylor, TX
Request An Appointment
Who Is A Good Candidate for Sinus Lift Treatment?
A dental radiograph will help our team to study the anatomical details of your jawbone and sinus cavities. We will recommend a sinus lift treatment in Taylor, TX, in the following cases:
- If you are missing one or more upper teeth in the back of your jaw
- If you have lost a significant amount of bone in the back of your upper jaw
- If your sinus cavities are large and have expanded to your bone
- If the sinus floor is too close to the site of implant placement
- If you do not have a normal bone structure due to trauma or a congenital disability
Questions About Sinus Lifts?
What Happens in A Sinus Lift Procedure?
Our priority will be to provide you with the most comfortable experience during treatment. For anesthesia, we will inject a local anesthetic at the surgery site. If you are feeling anxious or uneasy, we will also provide nitrous oxide sedation to help you relax during the entire treatment. Our skilled dentist will begin the treatment by placing a small incision in the upper back portion of your oral cavity.
Once we expose the bone, we will use special instruments to access the floor of your sinus cavity. The floor is gently raised, creating enough space for the placement of a dental implant. Afterward, our team will add bone grafting material in that area to hold the sinus cavity in its new position. The last step is to suture the incision line and allow the tissues to heal properly.